So often, questions are asked to confirm an assumption, to challenge, or to convince. But what would happen if we asked questions to truly learn about one another, particularly those with whom we disagree? Questions and the way they are asked have the potential to transform your interactions, informing how you approach, view, and engage people, particularly those with whom you deeply disagree. In this workshop, you'll harness the power of questions to invite understanding and connections between the asked and the asker.
- Understand the effects of strong emotion on communication.
- Discover the ways that genuine curiosity can expand awareness, thinking, hearing and speaking.
- Practice crafting and asking questions in order to learn (rather than to lead), establish understanding, and transform conflicts and relationships.
- Explore the difference between the intention of a question and its actual impact.
- Learn to employ different kinds of questions in different contexts, addressing a person's or group’s purpose more effectively through questions.
Small Group Exercises, Crafting Questions, Active Listening, Small Group Exercises
…one of the very best workshops I’ve attended. The facilitators established a learning atmosphere that was friendly and highly rigorous and professional.