Now Hiring: Executive Assistant
Founded in 1989, Essential Partners (EP) is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that helps people build relationships across differences to address their communities’ most pressing challenges. EP has empowered people around the globe with its Reflective Structured Dialogue approach, a proven, adaptable, scalable framework with the power to transform the way people engage differences of identities, values, and perspectives wherever they live, work, worship, and learn.
Click here to download this job description as a PDF.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: Co-Executive Director (External)
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt, Part-time (half-time, 20 hours per week), Contract Position
Pay Rate: $25 per hour
Summary: Assists the Co-Executive Director with the implementation of day-to-day administrative responsibilities and the coordination of grants the Co-ED manages, with particular focus on scheduling, systems management, emailing, and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Co-Executive Director (~6 hours/week) with day-to-day admin tasks, including:
- Taking notes during and coordinating follow-up tasks after meetings
- Updating databases and reporting dashboards
- Drafting and editing emails or other documents
- Scheduling meetings
- Filing and organizing files
- Administrative and technical support for the Co-ED (~4 hours/week), including:
- Technical or administrative support for projects
- IT management and support (including filing, IT support, etc.)
- Administrative coordination and support of one large multi-year grant project managed by the Co-Executive Director (~8 hours/week), including:
- Correspondence with internal and external partners, stakeholders, team members, and participants by phone, video, email, and/or Slack
- Administrative support and logistics for meetings, trainings, and events
- Data entry and updating database with new information
- Drafting, editing and filing grant materials and reports as needed
- Ensuring EP and partner team members are aligned and meeting deadlines
- Collecting, formatting, and coding program evaluations from grant activities.
- Tracking and reporting time and expenses, and providing reports upon request
- Monitoring payment installations and transfers in accordance with grant requirements and EP policies
In addition, this position is expected to participate in organizational life via regular staff meetings, occasional in-person gatherings and events, as well as any other meetings necessary to support effective collaboration across teams and roles. The position will also support reporting and documentation requirements to maintain effective and reliable organizational systems as necessary and appropriate (~2 hours per week on average). EP retains the right to change or assign other duties to the position as needed.
Effective implementation of these responsibilities will result in:
- Increased capacity and effectiveness of Co-Executive Director leading to more revenue from donors, clients, and funders alongside higher impact of the organization
- Logistically smooth, high quality, and high impact implementation of grant projects
Qualifications & Personal Characteristics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to identify and correct errors in their own work
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, including: proactive development of work plans and timelines, ability to manage multiple priorities, ability to self-manage time, prioritizing and balancing across multiple competing demands
- Commitment to honoring and handling confidential and/or sensitive information
- Experience with support roles and project / event coordination
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of personality types and work styles
- Skillful assertion of expertise and perspective from a supporting role
- Associate’s degree and/or at least two years of experience directly supporting an executive leader in an administrative role preferred
- Experience with nonprofit organizations and grant-funded projects preferred
- Commitment to the cultivation of a work environment marked by belonging, inclusion, care, and orientation to shared values, goals, and priorities
- A commitment to cultivating a culture that values and invites diverse identities, worldviews, and perspectives
- Excellent cross-team collaboration, with a demonstrated ability to work across stakeholder groups, functional areas, geographies, and differing levels of seniority
- Experience working and communicating effectively with a diverse population
- Technological aptitude with Google Drive applications, project management software, and data systems (including Salesforce and expense reporting) preferred
- The ability to remain in a stationary position for at least 50% of the time; to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery; and infrequent domestic travel
Compensation & Workplace
Essential Partners is a 501(c)3 organization. This position is a part-time position (20 hours per week) with an hourly pay rate of $25/hour and competitive benefits including sick leave, flexible work from home policies, family care leave, pro-rated PTO (10 days), paid company holidays, retirement matching after 1000 hours and one year of work, and a pro-rated medical insurance stipend. This is a one-year part-time contract position created to meet the requirements of grant funding. It may be renewed upon mutual agreement.
Essential Partners is a fully remote organization; all employees are required to be residents of the United States of America and are able to work remotely from anywhere. Essential Partners does not currently base salary rates on location, and offers both initial funding as well as monthly connectivity stipends to ensure all employees have access to a safe, secure, healthful, and comfortable work environment with the equipment and tools required for their role. This role will require some overlap with the Co-Executive Director’s schedule, and will generally require regular hours at least four days a week between the hours of 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM ET. EP also hosts regular in-person retreats, which are scheduled in coordination with employees to ensure all staff are able to gather together regularly. Otherwise, this role does not require travel and rarely requires work outside of normal business hours.
Essential Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity of identity, belief, and background in every aspect of our organization and we are committed to co-creating an inclusive workplace for all.
How to Apply
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the email should be “Executive Assistant - [Your Name]”. Applicants are invited to provide more details and texture about their relevant experience and interest in the form of an optional cover letter. We anticipate completing the recruitment process and filling this role by the end of March 2023.