Designing Intentional Workplace Cultures
Organizational culture, once an afterthought in many workplaces, is recognized today as a key ingredient for the long-term viability of for-profit and nonprofit enterprises.
Strong workplace cultures generate creativity, resilience, and accountability. They can improve employee retention and create genuinely inclusive environments. To achieve all that, staff members need to be able to communicate effectively—to navigate differences of opinions, goals, and identities without creating dysfunctional cycles.
For thirty years, Essential Partners has helped design constructive cultures of communication, equipping diverse teams with the skills they need to lead effective meetings and collective decision-making processes.
This evening workshop will introduce a framework that allows you to identify your team’s unique communication culture. You’ll then receive the tools to design an intentional culture, one that is both inclusive and effective.
- Learn the basic theory of EP's group communication framework
- Acquire tools to map your current workplace culture
- Begin to strategize a more intentional culture to achieve your goals
- Gain a few key skills to improve cohesion and trust in diverse teams
After this workshop, you will be equipped to:
- Begin the process of designing an intentional, strategic, goal-oriented workplace communication culture
- Encourage resilience, trust, and cohesion among employees with different values, beliefs, and identities
- Lead more effective discussions that engage different opinions about goals, tactics, and strategies
Accreditation and Continuing Education
Essential Partners provides a certificate upon completion of the workshop that can be used to support a request for professional development credits.
Travel & Lodging
There is ample free parking in the lots outside our offices, but traffic in the area can be extremely congested. If possible, we recommend taking the MBTA Red Line to Alewife. Essential Partners' offices are a short (10 min) walk from the station.
If you are planning to travel to the Boston area for a workshop, we recommend booking a room at one of two partner hotels:
- Freepoint Hotel is adjacent to the Essential Partners office, and offers a corporate rate for our attendees. Click Here for more information.
- AC Hotel Boston Cambridge is located two miles from the Essential Partners offices. They offer a corporate rate for our attendees and provide a free shuttle. Click Here for more information.
Essential Partners provides a limited number of partial or full scholarships for each workshop it hosts. A member of the staff will inform applicants of their decisions six weeks prior to the workshop date; applicants will confirm their acceptance by registering online. Scholarships are granted based on two criteria: financial need; and potential for impact on a community level.
If you must cancel, please do so as far in advance as possible. Cancellations are subject to a $25 administration fee plus an additional $25 to process credit card refunds (if you paid by credit card). To receive any refund your cancellation must be made at least 2 weeks before the course date. Essential Partners is under no obligation to offer any refund or credit if you cancel within two weeks of a workshop. If you need to cancel due to a medical emergency, your local weather conditions, or any other reason please call Sara Ostrovitz at (617) 923-1216 ext. 10.
In some instances, Essential Partners must cancel a workshop due to low enrollment, faculty illness, or weather. In the unlikely event that we have to cancel a workshop due to low enrollment, we will give you at least 2 weeks notice. If we cancel due to faculty illness or severe weather, we will contact you as far in advance as possible. If there is a severe storm warning in the area of the workshop venue, we will cancel by 4:00 pm the day before.
If the workshop is canceled, Essential Partners will issue you a full refund of the registration fee, with no additional administration fees. Essential Partners cannot be responsible for travel losses.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or 617-923-1216 ext. 10.
186 Alewife Brook Pkwy
Cambridge, MA 02138